Your Cheatin' Heart
by PamFord Davis

The breaking of marriage vows gives writer's material for bar room classic tunes, tabloids, romance novels and box-office success. Behind the scenes it breaks down trust and destroys families. An unfaithful spouse leaves wounds that time alone can not heal. Cheating on an exam breaks the rules. Cheating on your mate breaks the marriage covenant.


God often uses real people to demonstrate spiritual truth. He chose the prophet Hosea to teach us about our unfaithfulness to Jehovah God. Hosea married a woman with a cheatin' heart. God's people turn away from Him, and like a fickle wife give love and affection to others. "People of Israel and Judah, what can I do with you? Your love for me disappears more quickly than mist or dew at sunrise (Hosea 6:4 CEV)." The Lord draws us back with His faithful love. "Israel, you have rejected me, but my anger is gone; I will heal you and love you without limit. I will be like the dew- then you will blossom like lilies and have roots like a tree (Hosea 14:4-5 CEV)." He forgives and restores broken relationships. Renew your vows and begin again.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print