Psychics, Spiritualists, Witchcraft and the Owners Manual Series Part 1
by Marijo Phelps

Mel: Beth certainly has become a good friend, I'm so glad that our kids are in school together and we have time to talk once in awhile. She seems to have some strange ideas about life sometimes but also has much peace hum, she is out working in her iris garden, maybe we will have time for coffee today. What in the world is going on with that truck of hers?

"Bethany, what is your new Tundra doing in the driveway with hay sticking out of the extended cab and the bed? I think I even saw some mice running around in the hay."

"Well, that Toyota owner's manual wanted me to change the oil a nasty job and use gasoline in the truck. I read that gasoline can cause fires and make a big mess. You know our neighbor, John Jamison? He raises quarter horses and has written a wonderful book about them and their care. I got his book and decided to try his suggestions on the Tundra."

"Beth, your Tundra is not a quarter horse. Tell me this doesn't have something to do with our conversation last week about owner's manuals?" Melissa walked slowly around the pick-up truck shaking her head. "There ARE mice in there on your new leather seats!"

"Mel, the enemy of your life can come as an angel of light. Before there can be a counterfeit there has to be an original. Does it make sense that the one who put this truck together might have the best ideas for its care and maintenance? You were telling me about consulting a psychic for a kick and that it was no big deal. Well, I tossed the Toyota owner's manual and am using John's book to "feed and care for" the Tundra. Never mind that John didn't create the Tundra and is writing a book about horses. I don't LIKE the Toyota manual and want to do this my way."

"I can't believe you are letting MICE in your new truck they could ruin the seats and chew the wiring"

"I love you, my dear friend and think this makes a good visual.who is your owner, Mel, who made you? Does it make sense to seek the advice of a psychic or spiritualist or go to a palm reader for help? Besides there is only one mediator between man and God and that's Jesus. Let's go into the house for coffee while the kids are in school."

Mel: I remember the talk we had about electricity. You can't see if but that doesn't keep you from turning on the switch and expecting the lights to come on. Our lives would be pretty miserable without electricity. Yes, used incorrectly it can kill. And we talked about power sources and being plugged in to the right one. Hum, where IS Beth going with this one?

"Coffee sounds good, do you have any of that amaretto creamer? Beth, I am in control of my life and there are things that I, well, like to pick and choose and just see how that goes, know what I mean?"

Beth: She didn't know me years ago how can I communicate that I know all too well what she means. Actions have consequences and some of them are terrible to you and those you love. We have all broken God's heart and done things which have badly hurt ourselves and those we love. He has written a wonderful "owner's manual" for us with a bunch of promises in it. Man, they are sort of like gift certificates made out to us ready to use. He also has parameters to keep us safe and healthy. It isn't like he is a great cosmic kill joy in the sky He loves us and knows what makes us tick and what will destroy us too. That's one reason why He inspired the writing of His "owner's manual".

"Mel, I do know what you mean. Do you know that years ago I was into astrology, tarot cards and transcendental meditation? I found out that by doing some of these things I was opening the door to entities I had no idea about."

"Like what?"

"Well, like electricity, there are other things that we can't see.."

"OK, I could agree with that but what are you saying, Beth?"

"There really is an unseen part of our life, our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. There are some things that we should not be messing with and things that we do that invite unwanted involvement."

"Now don't go getting all spooky with me, Beth!"

"Mel, we are back to that owner's manual again. God loves us, he wired us and made our personalities and, believe it or not, He has a purpose for us being here. SO does it make sense that He might have a few insights into how we should go about that perfect plan of His?"

"OK, I will give you that but it sounds so, so restrictive."

"When your Josh was a toddler did he ever run towards the street when a car was coming?"

"Oh, Beth, I can still remember one time in particular when I scooped him into my arms just in time. He was looking back over his shoulder giggling and running away from me thinking it was a big game. He had no idea that car was coming straight towards him." Mel was getting tense just thinking about how close of a call that was.

"Can you picture us as the toddlers and Jesus as our loving God scooping us up into His arms just in time?" Beth reached over to gently touch her friend's arm.

The ladies will have more coffee time discussions and you are invited to be an observer of their times together. Part 2 is coming soon.

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

All scriptures are from the NIV version.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print