Your Power Source and the Owners Manual Series Part 2
by Marijo Phelps

Ding dong. "Hey, Beth, what happened to the Tundra, not a mouse house anymore?"Mel grinned as she opened the door to go into the house.

"Hey, come in coffee's on and the amaretto creamer is out on the countertop, good to see you! How did Josh do in the soccer game Friday, Melissa?"

"Well ,he's had better nights but he did make one goal"

"It is so exciting to see those guys play, isn't it? Micah's team lost but they are getting better each game."

"Beth, I have been thinking about what you said about power sources, you know, where we get our power from. It reminded me of when we were in Germany and I tried to use my hair dryer. Even with the supposedly right converter, what a mess that was.I was plugged into a power source but it sure wasn't the right one."

"Interesting, Mel, guess that brings us right back to what we were talking about regarding the Owner's Manual."

"Yeah, and I am beginning to see why it would be not really very smart to go to a psychic or card reader to find out about your future. If God created me and put all my interesting parts together and has a plan. Why would I want to go to someone I don't even know for advice about my life? I was doing a bit of reading in your Owner's Manual and found something that fits here, I think. It is in Isaiah 8:19-22 (New International Version "19 When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritualists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? 20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn. 21 Distressed and hungry, they will roam through the land; when they are famished, they will become enraged and, looking upward, will curse their king and their God. 22 Then they will look toward the earth and see only distress and darkness and fearful gloom, and they will be thrust into utter darkness." I wrote it down because I wanted to ask if this is what you were talking about last week?"

"Mel, that is a great passage for what we were discussing, I'm glad you wrote it down! God knows us so well, He also knows the unseen things we shouldn't be dabbling with. Some things are not as they appear to be. This takes us back to the power source. Basically, what power source is behind some of the seemingly innocent things out there for us to pursue?"

"I was thinking about that too, what we talked about regarding electricity and not seeing it but it was there and could be wonderful and it could also kill us if we didn't use it properly. I have learned enough to know that besides the world we see and function in there is, well, a spiritual world. When we talked about satan coming like an angel of light.I was thinking about that."

"What thoughts did you have?"

"Does that mean that he can appear as something or someone good, yet really be trying to pull us in with lies and deception or maybe that he appears to be something wonderful to drag us in?"

"I sure have found that to be true in several ways. Little things that just seem like games; tarot cards, Ouija boards, seeing a fortune teller, consulting a psychic they can all seem like something to do at the fair or a party game but you can be opening the door to entities you never dreamed were there or were interested in you. They are very real and not what they are posing to be."

"Do you think that is why I began having nightmares after going to that psychic? I just did it as a kick, for something to do with Zach when we were in New York City for the afternoon. I sure didn't mean anything by it but those awful nightmares began right after that."

"You might have a point there would you like to pray about that now?"

"Do you think I could get a good night's sleep again if we did pray, Beth?"

"Mel, there is so much to learn and Jesus wants us to be FREE. Have you asked Him to forgive you for the things you've done to break His heart and to be your savior and Lord?"

"Well, I thought that might be a direction I wanted to go but there were so many other things in life which seemed to be presenting "The Answer" guess I have gone down a few rabbit trails since I was at the point of praying to ask God, Jesus, to be my savior. I know I have made kind of a huge mess of my life."

"It isn't something to be done without thought, Melissa. Jesus is fully God and fully man he lived here among us and was sinless, that's why he could pay the penalty that I owed and that you owed. Something about the wages of sin is death."

"Yah, that's one payday I wouldn't mind missing.oh, Beth, my tears are like a faucet but they don't make me clean. Besides God, I have hurt so many I love by my words and actions; things I have done that were just flat out wrong."

"Mel, let's talk to the Lord about all of this."
I think today definitely ended up being more than a coffee time for the two friends. We will be able to have time with them again soon. Stay plugged in for Part 3 of the Owner's Manual.
2 Chronicles 33:6
Also he caused his sons to pass through the fire in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom; he practiced soothsaying, used witchcraft and sorcery, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke Him to anger.

Psalm 18:17
He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.
Psalm 37:17
for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous.
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
2 Corinthians 11:14
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Scriptures are from the NIV version.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print