How to Talk to God About Forgiveness Owners Manual Part 3
by Marijo Phelps

"Beth, how can I ask God to forgive me? I have broken His heart and those hearts of my family and friends I guess that's what sin is, right? Messing up and making bad choices and hurting everyone, even myself in the process"

"Melissa, we have all been there it is a matter of just talking to Jesus like we are talking right now. You don't need an appointment He is always ready and waiting to talk with you, you know. Just tell Him what is on your heart, those things you are sorry for and need forgiveness for and, well, talk to him like he was right here in the kitchen because He is."

With a muffled sob Mel began to talk to God "Jesus, I have made a real mess of things hurt my best friends and my marriage and I know I have broken your heart too with my choices. I shouldn't have gone to people seeking advice when I didn't even come to you. I have lied and called them "little white lies", those lies were not true and lies just the same. I have maneuvered things and people to get my way and hurt others in the process. I have been nasty to people at work for the same reason because I wanted what I wanted no matter what. Please forgive me, Jesus? I want to be new from inside out and start putting you first.."

"Wow, it is like a huge weight was just lifted off my shoulders Beth. I feel clean and how can I tell you? But, you already know don't you?"

"Mel, do you know how long I have waited for this day? How I have prayed that God would make himself real to you and be your best friend?" Beth walked around the table and gave Mel a really long hug.

"I had no idea I feel so calm and "feet on the floor" kind of well, solidness AND I want to dance! And Beth, there are questions, SO many questions."

"It's good you live so close and that when we put our boys on the school bus we can have some time together, isn't it?"

"Beth, how did you figure out which parts of the Bible you could take at face value and which parts were allegories or illustrations boy, do I have questions that need answers."

"I hear you, getting to know Jesus and the Bible are exciting I can't believe how many questions I still have but so many were initially answered just as I began to read. Things that never made sense before got clear and some scriptures seemed to just jump off the page for me."

"Beth, thanks doesn't begin to cover what I am sensing. And to think you had to let those mice get into your Toyota to make a point you sure do know how I learn, don't you? I have to run but can't wait until our next coffee time together."


(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.


1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (NIV)

Psalm 32:5
Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD " and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah (NIV)

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." (NKJV)

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (NIV)

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print