Wanderer's Rags
by PamFord Davis

Outcasts wear the cast offs discarded as rags. The rich and famous are dressed in silk, satin, and sables. Our attire does much more than cover nakedness. It matches our moods and personality. A bride wears white as she seals her covenant. Widows are robed in black as they grieve and shed tears. Party dresses are colorful and frivolous for times of celebration. If a struggling farmer wears overalls all week, he holds his head high in a freshly pressed Sunday-go-to-meeting suit.

Sudden set-backs can take a person from riches to rags with no warning. They are in the winners circle one day, and discover they are has-beens the next. The Prodigal Son not only needed a change of wardrobe, but a change of heart and direction. (Luke15:1-24) He made a return-trip home broken and humble. "The son said, Father, I have sinned against God in heaven and against you. I am no longer good enough to be called your son. But his father said to the servants, Hurry and bring the best clothes and put them on him. Give him a ring for his finger and sandals for his feet (Luke 15:21-22 CEV)." He planned a welcome home party with excitement and anticipation. The wanderer went from rags to riches and he owed it all to his merciful father. Our heavenly father patiently waits with royal robes. Cast off the rags.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print