Baubles, Bangles, Beads
by PamFord Davis

You were not welcome in a foreign land. The ruler told you to leave their country. People in the land sent you off with lavish gifts. It does not seem logical; does it? Bitterness and anger were behind the commands to leave. Gifts show compassion, kindness and well wishes.


God's people lived in foreign bondage in Egypt. Moses and Aaron made demands to Pharaoh. They repeated God's message: Let My people go. Repeatedly the leader denied the release of slave labor. God sent plagues and curses and Pharaoh gave in under pressure. The people were free to go. They did not leave empty handed.


"The Israelites had already done what Moses had told them to do. They had gone to their Egyptian neighbors and asked for gold and silver and for clothes. The Lord had made the Egyptians friendly toward the people of Israel, and they gave them whatever they asked for. In this way they carried away the wealth of the Egyptians when they left Egypt (Exodus 12:35-36 CEV)." The Hebrews carried off baubles and the wealth of the enemy.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print