Sitting By The Dock Of The Bay
by PamFord Davis

Seeing friends and loved ones off on a journey is never easy. Parting is painful when there is the realization that you may not meet face-to-face again. Some look stoic and try to hide their true feelings. Others keep tissues and hankies handy, and openly share their sadness. Sad farewells are mingled with promises to stay in touch. The traveler leaves with mixed emotions. They anticipate change and may expect adventure; but they reluctantly say goodbyes to those they cherish.


Missionaries experience many send offs at bus and train stations, airports and sea- ports. It never gets any easier. They are called and sent to the place of service, knowing a part of their heart remains behind. Apostle Paul's mission journeys often left him with emotional struggle.


"But when the week was over, we started on our way again. All the men, together with their wives and children, walked with us from the town to the seashore. We knelt on the beach and prayed. Then after saying good-by to each other, we got into the ship, and they went back home (Acts 21:5-6 CEV)." He faithfully served his Lord, and carried the gospel to every destination.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print