Anticipation
by PamFord Davis

Are you patient when waiting for something you desire? Do you wring your hands or bite your nails? After filing your tax returns you may be relieved to hear you will not have to pay the IRS. If you discover you are getting a fat refund, anticipation begins immediately.

Your mind begins to compute all the possibilities. Calculations are estimated at record speed. Will there be anything left after you play catch up? You watch the mail or check the bank for direct deposits. It's exciting to wait for a boost to your bank account.


Believers anticipate the return of the Lord. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18) We are sure He is coming. His first arrival came in the fullness of time. We trust God's timing in the triumphant return. "Next, all of us who are still alive will be taken up into the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the sky. From that time on we will all be with the Lord forever. Encourage each other with these words (1 Thessalonians 4:17-18 CEV)." Anticipation will soon be acclamation.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print