My Cup Runneth Over
by PamFord Davis

Good news is always welcome, and sometimes takes you by surprise. We have many reasons to celebrate: wedding proposal, purchase of your first home, birth of a baby, new job or promotion, possibly a large inheritance comes your way. We rejoice with the angels when we receive news of a person's being born again from above. Our life is so full of peace, joy, and gratitude, that it seems like we will burst. Our cup is running over.


Psalm 23 is a favorite to many, as a source of comfort and strength. It calms our fears and reveals the continuous protection and provision of our Good Shepherd. The sheep are in need of His care and He calls us all by name. When we open our eyes to all He does daily we find it hard to contain our praise. "You treat me to a feast while my enemies watch. You honor me as your guest, and you fill my cup until it overflows Psalm 23:5 CEV)." Sheep were easy prey to thieves and predators when left unattended. The Good Shepherd fed His flock as the enemy watched from a distance with mouths watering. His loving care not only satisfied the thirst of the lambs. They rejoiced in a surplus. His rod and staff still beckon. Enter the fold.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print