A Praise
by Kathleen Angell

I wanted to share a dear praise. The Lord recently brought me teddy bears. Yes, teddy bears as that is how I raise money for orphans and those in need.  By crafts and alot of it is in using teddy bears. It seemed like the supply had run dry and I just didn't have them, or find them much, and it seemed like it was difficult, or much more so, getting them. We don't have alot of money to work with for non essentials, and sometime even essentials if they are teddy bears, when spending alot on outreach. Much of what we get in, goes right out. The Lord wonderfully supplied. It had been the same way with wedding gowns. I use old gowns for a the work we do. The supply seemed to run out, I couldn't find them like I had, and just didn't have the money for them as we do this work. I even wondered upon seeing the situation if we should still be doing them, but we had orders for the teddy bears.  It just felt like a closed door for the gowns I use.  I believe the Lord is teaching me something in this. In both cases it looked like the door was closed and I wondered where they would come from. I often have seen in the past the Lord supplied. It would just be there and it was from Him. Numerous times. No doubt more than I know, but I knew times that were so clear. Well over a hundred teddy bears came. Seventy of them someone just donated out of the blue. I was truly floored and didn't expect it. I thank the Lord so for that. The rest came at a low price. I still didn't have the finances for the gowns I use. though we looked and there were no open doors for the less expensive like I use. It was fifty dollars to one hundred. I use to always wait till they went on sale for 1/2 price and try to get them for twenty five or fifteen if the door was open. But even twenty five dollars seemed too much now. I praise the Lord!!! A lady came by the shop and gave Gordy a name to call. I contacted them and then emailed, and didn't hear anything right away. But one day this week, a call came that they had some wedding gowns. They said I needed my non profit number, but Gordy, my husband had just filled that out for me and it would take some couple of weeks yet to get it. I felt it was such a open door so I was a bit bold and just ask people if they would cover us in it, with ministries we were close to. I had a sweet response, but it wasn't going to work that way and it would still take some days to get it. But Gordy took the copy of our paperwork to the place yesterday, and even though they had said they needed that immediately, they took our paperwork in kindness and told Gordy when to come back, and he went to day, and they sent us four truckloads filled with boxes that had to be on dollies to bring into the store. Packed truckloads. Not only that, but a dear man volunteered and brought one truckload and helped Gordy load all of it, and unload the one he brought. And a lady brought another one of them in her truck. And the neighbor at the shop loaned the dollie to use the whole day. I praise the Lord! Everything was provided and dear people there to help. Gordy couldn't have done it on his own. He'd just recovered from food poisoning and the Lord provided all he needed to get it to the store. We have been going through them tonight and I brought several home to work on. We could hardly get through just a handful of boxes, and one room is stacked high with them. Just unbelieveable to pull out gowns so beautiful and perfect for the crafting we do. They are older, something wrong with them so they couldn't be used for wedding gowns, but they are perfect for our work and the type I like to use. Just the kind which makes alot of beautiful things for the crafting work I do. I thank the Lord. I thank the Lord. I had wanted so much to be able to do a work of feeding at the dumpsite in Kenya, and help mom's and kids with food pkgs. There are so many views that come to mind of what would be so wonderful to help dear people with food and help, and to feel our Lord's love most of all. I don't know what the Lord has in mind, but I would love to see so many of the things seen ahead of us, come to fruition if the Lord will. These gowns are a means for raising funds and I am very thankful. I just wanted to share. I thank the Lord. These are so precious for our work. I have so much to do my work with. Someone wanted a pink outfit with a mink hat. There was a beautiful pink gown to work with. Isn't that something. Someone had brought by the old stole to work with. I thank the Lord. All I could think was, I stand in awe of God. Remembrances began to come to me of the many times He has brought the need divinely these years. So many times comes to mind of His divine provisions and help. We serve an awesome God. And He cares for us and those we serve. I am so truly very thankful to be a part of a work in which we see the Lord provide. I know we don't really do the work. We simply enter in to seeing our Lord's kindness and seeing His loving care both for us, and for others.



My name is Kathleen Angell.  
My life was dramatically changed when the Lord made Himself real to me.  
We have an outreach to folks experiencing shelter and street life.  It is a great joy to us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print