God is Faithful to the Diligent
by Janet Morris Grimes

God is Faithful to the Diligent

Life sometimes has a way of clouding our vision; of keeping us in a fog. Day to day survival requires hard work, sometimes with a job or an environment that steals our joy. We hear stories of others chasing their dreams and becoming wildly successful; while our own dreams fall silent, assuming we are no longer interested in the game.

Our deepest desire may be to get out of debt, lose weight, control our temper, or reunite with estranged friends or family; but there are no quick fixes. We quickly learn that our dragons are not easily slain.

Sometimes, we wonder why it matters. Are we making a difference, after all? The finish line to this particular path is so far in the distance, we consider it unattainable.

It is important to recognize that it takes a long term commitment to make permanent changes in our lifestyles. Diligence brings perseverance, as well as a host of other rewards that are well worth the wait.

Changes are made one step at a time; one day at a time; one minute at a time. By showing up each day, we prove to God that we are diligent, that we trust that He is leading us. Even better, we prove that we are willing to follow.

Dear God,

Show us where you are in the midst of our current trials. We want you to be a part of every facet of our lives. We long to honor you with our choices, and live the abundant life you promised. But today, we see no signs of abundance. If you promise to lead us from here to there, we promise to follow.

In Jesus name,

Amen

Proverbs 13:4 - ... but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied. (NIV)



Janet Morris Grimes, the author The Parent's Guide to Uncluttering Your Home, released in 2011. She launched Abbandoned Ministries to lead others to seek God, as Abba, during  abandonment. For more information, visit http://janetmorrisgrimes.com or http://abbandondoned.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print