Some Bible Basics About Outrageous Ideas on Sex Before Marriage Series Part A
by Marijo Phelps

Mick, my soon to be husband and I had some great, Biblical teaching on relationships at Youth With A Mission. We heard about our relationship with God and also, our relationship with the opposite sex.

Besides what we learned in lecture each day a group of us got together at night to listed to a cassette series on Sex and Dating by Pastor Dale Crall. He has graciously given me permission to share from the notes I took during that time. You know they had to be good if we students would be in lecture all day, then choose to spend our evenings listening to Dale's messages.

WARNINGS

Sex is any physical involvement before marriage: heavy "making out", petting or intercourse. As singles we can be complete only in Jesus. Marriage does NOT complete us. Our companion is to accent our life and ministry.

Compromise doesn't pay off it rips you off.

Sex is like fire, it is amoral. Fire can warm a house or burn it down, with limits it is beautiful and without limits it is totally destructive. Let's take a look at some Biblical answers regarding why for a few minutes

Salvation is a living personal relationship with Jesus Christ knowing
1. You have to turn lose of a sexual involvement prior to marriage
OR
2. Bitterness keeps someone from getting right with God.

Romans 8

Life Through the Spirit

1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in sinful man,(NIV)

The Lord Jesus Christ can and will restore innocence and forgive you. You might reap from what you have previously sown but there can be a new beginning with being set free, clean, new and making good choices from today onward. There is hope in male/female relationships. Hope to do it right and be blessed in that. Mick and I can attest to that along with many, many other couples who have made bad choices in the past and been restored by the Lord.

Romans 1:18-20 (New International Version)

God's Wrath Against Mankind

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualitieshis eternal power and divine naturehave been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Yes, we are without excuse but there definitely is forgiveness and restoration if we are wanting to change and be renewed.

2 Timothy 3 (New International Version)

Godlessness in the Last Days

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires,7always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truthmen of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.



Proverbs 5 (New International Version)

Warning Against Adultery

1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom,
listen well to my words of insight,

2 that you may maintain discretion
and your lips may preserve knowledge.

3 For the lips of an adulteress drip honey,
and her speech is smoother than oil;

4 but in the end she is bitter as gall,
sharp as a double-edged sword.

5 Her feet go down to death;
her steps lead straight to the grave. [a]

6 She gives no thought to the way of life;
her paths are crooked, but she knows it not.

7 Now then, my sons, listen to me;
do not turn aside from what I say.

8 Keep to a path far from her,
do not go near the door of her house,

9 lest you give your best strength to others
and your years to one who is cruel,

10 lest strangers feast on your wealth
and your toil enrich another man's house.

11 At the end of your life you will groan,
when your flesh and body are spent.

12 You will say, "How I hated discipline!
How my heart spurned correction!

13 I would not obey my teachers
or listen to my instructors.

14 I have come to the brink of utter ruin
in the midst of the whole assembly."

15 Drink water from your own cistern,
running water from your own well.

16 Should your springs overflow in the streets,
your streams of water in the public squares?

17 Let them be yours alone,
never to be shared with strangers.

18 May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.

19 A loving doe, a graceful deer
may her breasts satisfy you always,
may you ever be captivated by her love.

20 Why be captivated, my son, by an adulteress?
Why embrace the bosom of another man's wife?

21 For a man's ways are in full view of the LORD,
and he examines all his paths.

22 The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him;
the cords of his sin hold him fast.

23 He will die for lack of discipline,
led astray by his own great folly.

Proverbs urges a husband to be intoxicated with the sexuality of his wife. There are many promises given to us in the Bible they are incredible and valid and true in the renewing process. Not just for relationships with the opposite sex but in all aspects of our walk with the Lord.

2 Peter 1:3-7 (New International Version)

Making One's Calling and Election Sure

3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Sexual love without God's love if meaningless and leads to hurt. SO wait. Lust doesn't wait.

In society people are in love with the container rather than the inside. They would rather eat the wrapper than the candy bar. They love the body rather than the inside of the female or the male they are attracted to. This leads to ultimate heartbreak.

Please stay tuned for the next part in this series there is much more to come.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print