Climb Every Mountain
by PamFord Davis

We have a wide range of preferences as to where we live or vacation. Some people are drawn to bodies of water. Many like life in the desert southwest. There will always be individuals who cherish their time in the mountains. My husband has a fear of heights and goes weak in the knees when driving winding mountain roads. I am awed at the spectacular view; and he can't wait to return to flat land below.


Mountains are the back-drop of several Bible experiences. Great men of faith spent days in the mountain tops communing with God. Moses received The Ten Commandments at Mount Sinai. Caleb chose a mountainous area for his inheritance. Jesus used the location as his pulpit to present The Beatitudes. (Matthew 5:1-12) He spent time in prayer at secluded mountain areas. "Then he went up on a mountain where he could be alone and pray. Later that evening, he was still there (Matthew 14:23 CEV)." We may not be near beautiful mountains; but we can climb every mountain of difficulty to get a clear view of God's deliverance.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print