Cry Me A River
by PamFord Davis

Are you emotional? Do you cry over the condition of your city, state or nation? Not many of us can honestly say we do. We complain at water coolers, in restaurant booths and in car pools. That is easy to do. Real burdens cost us something. Do we see the urgency? Most are too wrapped up in personal problems to become concerned for the wider world.


The Prophet Jeremiah felt the burden and weight of the sins in his nation Israel. He warned the people of coming judgment and held out a message of repentance and hope. His nickname reveals his heart and character. History remembers him as the weeping prophet. "I wish that my eyes were fountains of tears, so I could cry day and night for my people who were killed. I wish I could go into the desert and find a hiding place from all who are treacherous and unfaithful to God (Jeremiah 9:1-2 CEV)." Sorrow for the people's wayward ways mingled tears with prayers. God seeks those with tender hearts with a deep burden for the lost.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print