Waging War
by Linda Lariscy

As we enter the month of March we are reminded of war in many ways. What is the army's favorite day? March 4th (forth) of course! The very name "March" is reminiscent of war as we march forth to conquer the enemy as well as to hammer him under our feet. This is the month of war. The month of March was named for the Roman god of war. March is the beginning of spring when the kings of old went to war. The war with Iraq, known as "Shock and Awe", began 7 years ago, this March.

March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Old Man winter fights with the young warrior of spring to find only defeat, though he puts up a good fight. The first day of spring is always in March. The vernal equinox is the 20th or 21st. On this day the northern hemisphere of Earth begins to slant toward the sun and our days become increasingly longer.

On March 17th the Irish honor their patron, Saint Patrick. St. Patrick is known best for driving all the snakes from Ireland. I've visited Ireland on two occasions and I saw nary a snake. Snakes for the most part are pesky creatures. I know very few people who like reptiles of any kind. It is no surprise that the devil is characterized as a snake in scripture. He is the enemy of Christ. He denies the truth and violently opposes the Kingdom of Heaven on earth.

If your love has not grown cold for Christ, you too, like me, are waging war. We are mighty warriors advancing the kingdom of heaven and taking it by force. We are engaged everyday, actively resisting the devil's fiery darts of doubt and unbelief. We believe and give our lives to an invisible God who reigns in our hearts and who one day will reign visibly as King and Lord on planet earth. Until that day we passionately wage war. What fight are you fighting? Are you fighting for your faith? It's the only fight that's worth fighting for!

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1 Tim 6:12-13NIV

Linda Lariscy is the founder of Holding Forth the Word of Life Ministries of Wrens, Georgia, an apostolic/leadership equipping center for the saints.  Please visit her website at www.hfwlministry.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print