Come Softly To Me
by PamFord Davis

Is stress pushing you to the breaking point? Are you able to control your blood pressure? You may wonder how others could get along without you. If only there were more than twenty four hours in a day . Your stomach is in knots and your head is throbbing. Hands shake and your knees wobble. Is serenity even possible?


These are not only the thoughts and symptoms of the older generation, but the younger also. School students are burdened with classes and extra activity schedules. Competition is fierce and they dare not lower their guard. Parents and teachers expect them to excel.


Jesus beckons with outstretched arms and understanding eyes. "If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest. Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light (Matthew 11:28-30 CEV)." The choice is ours. Will we carry the weight of the world on our shoulders or His easy fitting yoke?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print