She's About A Mover
by PamFord Davis

Women are sometimes forced to take a leadership role intended for men. God uses the willing, and often many positions in the church are filled by enthusiastic women. Men miss the blessings and eternal rewards. Moms become spiritual leaders in the home, faithfully leading youngsters in bed time prayers and Bible reading. They go with their children to Sunday School and worship services while dads sleep in, catch up on chores around the house, or relax with their favorite sport.


Deborah served as a Judge to the children of Israel, giving godly advice and judgment. She listened for God's voice and then took action. (Judges 4:4-5) She delivered God's specific military orders to Barak. "You are to get together an army of ten thousand men from the Naphtali and Zebulun tribes and lead them to Mount Tabor (Judges 4:6b)." God promised victory against the enemy. Barak lacked confidence and faith. "I'm not going unless you go! Barak told her (Verse 8 CEV)."


His cowardice cost him. "All right, I'll go! she replied. But I'm warning you that the Lord is going to let a woman defeat Sisera, and no one will honor you for winning the battle. (Judges 4:9a CEV)." He lost his opportunity to take the lead.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print