Hushabye
by PamFord Davis

Any parent of an infant knows how difficult it can be to keep them quiet and contented for long periods of time. Some are less restless than others, but all communicate their needs through crying. The bigger the needs, the louder they cry.


Imagine how difficult it must have been for the parents of Moses to conceal him. The Pharaoh demanded the death of all male Hebrew children. If Moses should cry at the wrong time it could lead to his death. "He was a beautiful child, and she kept him inside for three months. But when she could no longer keep him hidden, she made a basket out of reeds and covered it with tar (Exodus 2:2b-3a CEV)." She could no longer hush his cries. She placed him in a basket and the secure hands of God.


He would be rescued and treated like royalty. After many years of molding in God's creative hands he would be given the assignment of delivering his Hebrew people from Egyptian slavery. Over and over he proclaimed God's message, "Let my people go!" It wore on the nerves of Pharaoh, who wished he would just hush and get out of his hair.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print