Fire and Shooting Outrageous Ideas on Sex Before Marriage Series
by Marijo Phelps

We were coming back from Tyler and a movie we'd seen. On this narrow country road we saw lights, hears sirens and could see flames dancing in the darkness of the evening. There were cars pulled over and stopped on both sides of the road.

"What is the world is going on here?"

"Not sure but here comes a sheriff"

Mick rolled down his window "Can you folks please move to the left side of the road? We have a man who started a fire at the house up ahead and he has a shot gun. We aren't sure what he will do when we close in on him"

Shortly after pulling to the left we heard the roar of a car engine. "Get down on the floorboard, Jo!"

Quickly I did and felt Mick leaning over the top of me as a car came by us. It STOPPED and we heard voices saying "let him through, let him through."
We were ducked down not knowing if he was going to use a shot gun on the side of our truck. We nad no idea what was going on outside.

Then someone "pealed out" going way too fast followed by official cars with sirens.

"That was scary, he had been shooting! That popping noise was a gun, wasn't it?. What in the world do you think was going on?"

"I don't know but think we would have been better to go to the Family Night services at the Twin Oaks Ranch"

"You've got that one right!"

We found out later that it was a family dispute. The son had gone back with a shot gun trying to scare his parents into agreeing with him on some issues and then started their house on fire.
We both decided that this was WAY too much excitement for one evening.

By this time in our relationship we were engaged and had set a wedding date in the not too far off future. It seemed like it was never going to be July 14th. We were praying and trying to be patient for our big date!

The Lord was helping us not to cross boundary lines we had laid down in our relationship. We were trying to never "awaken your love before its time" Both of us feeling the time to really awaken our sexual love was on our honeymoon. This was a gift we felt strongly about giving each other AFTER the wedding.

Did we sail through this engagement period without a struggle? No, but with the help of the Lord we were able to wait until the honeymoon! This was quite a strong statement to make for two who had been OF the world before Jesus. Neither of us had been born teething on the Bible. We both had come the long way around to the Lord.

Sometimes we took long walks on the Youth With a Mission ranch. We could talk, laugh and see others who were there without being in a situation where temptation might reign supreme. At times we took others to dinner with us to bless them and enjoy their company. YWAMers were always broke. The only reason Mick had some money was because he was a carpenter doing work on the Ranch and also for customers off the ranch.

That night we were thanking God for keeping us safe in the house fire and shot gun situation. Talk about adrenalin flowing! Yikes.

More from the teaching we had on Biblical relationships:

Lyrics to "love songs" have lies and when you listen to them over and over you get programmed in your expectations in relationships (another "somebody done somebody wrong song")

Dating non-Christians you are both going different ways so how can you be going "together"?
If you really love someone you won't stir them up in areas of temptation God never intended them to go through (before marriage sexual areas)
Satan's number 1 lie "that's ok, God will forgive you"

Spiritual Sensitivity

Being mighty in the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 2:10-20 (New International Version)
10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
16"For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?"[b] But we have the mind of Christ.

Our intellect is surrendered to the Holy Spirit and the thoughts in us aren't necessarily our own. They can come from the Holy Spirit, self or the enemy.

If you're all of the sudden uncomfortable around a guy you are with it might be the Holy Spirit in you that is sensing that he is lusting about you. Our human spirits communicate with each other all the time. If a guy is thinking unholy thoughts regarding a girl, her spirit picks it up and she will be turned off by being around him. If she's receptive it will make you both all the weaker.
Satan loves extremes. Harlot or lesbian will both destroy God's perfect plan for a girl living righteously.

There are consequences for "blowing it" with somebody. Why do a lot of us get mad at God begin a physical relationship with each other, break up, come back to God, repent and think no more consequences but He doesn't change events that already happened. All works together for good but we reap what we sow. When we blow it we diminish God's plan for our lives.

WARNINGS
Sex is any physical involvement before marriage: heavy "making out", petting or intercourse. As singles we can be complete only in Jesus. Marriage does NOT complete us. Our companion is to accent our life and ministry.

Hebrews 11:25-26 (New King James Version)
25 choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, 26esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.

The passing pleasure of sin, eventually sin makes you miserable.

Some of these writings are based on a lecture series called Sex and Dating by Dale Crall and are used with his permission. Thank you Dale!

There are many more articles in this series if you enjoyed this one you might want to read the others!

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print