What Does the Bible Say Outrageous Ideas on Sex Before Marriage Series PART 1
by Marijo Phelps

Some notes taken while listening to a cassette series called "Sex and Dating" by Pastor Dale Crall (used with his permission) There are also some additional comments by Marijo Phelps.
Matthew 5:8 (NKJV)

8Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

Matthew 5:8 is the text for this series.

"Love, emotional/sensual involvement can cause the biggest hurt of life.

Sex before marriage is bondage and you lose the power to concentrate, even if you're involved "only" in "making out".

Only the grace of God can make you pure.
Girls are turned on by touch. Guys are turned on by sight.

If you are involved, you put that person #1 above God.

Two spirits are prevalent in the world now; sensuality and suicide.

Check out scrupulous in a synonym dictionary.
Check out paradox in a synonym dictionary.

Scrupulous = fussy, finicky, picky, choosy, particular, refined, delicate careful precise.

Paradox = inconsistency, absurdity, irony, contradiction, impossibility

Galatians 5:1 (New King James Version)
Christian Liberty
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free,[a] and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Freedom is the power to do what you ought to do.

There is no greater slavery in the world than immoral/illicit sexuality.

God created sexual relationships and the right way to use those relationships.

Genesis 2:20 (New King James Version)
20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.

God "made" man but "built" woman He is aware of the difference.

The container will become beautiful with Jesus inside even though she/he might be - by world's estimation - an "ugly" woman/man.

My value as a person is not how I LOOK, it is not based on physical appearance.

God's value system is based upon character.
Enslavement to sex drive leads to dishonesty. The flesh of the Godliest saint on earth is no more dependable than that of the vilest sinner.
Our flesh hates Jesus.

Deuteronomy 32:42 (New King James Version)
42 I will make My arrows drunk with blood, And My sword shall devour flesh,
With the blood of the slain and the captives,From the heads of the leaders of the enemy."'

The Word of God/sword devours the flesh. If we get into the Bible and read, study, chew and absorb it has an effect on our "flesh", our "carnal man". Our spirit is built up and the flesh is destroyed what a wonderful situation.

Destruction of the part of me that wars against the spirit and the Holy Spirit, I NEED this so very much. So, I need to make time and take time to live in the Word of God.

Makes sense to me! Aa Guy and a gal need to be is God's Word together.

Psalm 119:9-11 (New King James Version)
9 How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word.
10 With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,That I might not sin against You.
So get in the Word or your flesh takes charge over your spirit.
#1 goal of high school teenagers is to be married and 95% want to be parents.
What happens to you when you have any kind of sex before marriage?
The chief purpose in dating is to achieve spiritual oneness and draw closer to the Lord.
In the World: Love is equal to infatuation or romance.

In Jesus: Love is equal to commitment. You need commitment first, romance second or when the feelings are gone so is the commitment if you let feelings come first.

(YOU NEED TO PRAY BEFORE FEELINGS ARE CLOUDING THE PICTURE TO SEE WHAT GOD'S PURPOSE IS FOR THIS RELATIONSHIP OR YOU'LL HAVE A HARD TIME HEARING CLEARLY)

Kissing represents commitment, without commitment, a kiss is betrayal.

Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss, we do too when we kiss someone we are just going to use for fleshy purposes.

To a girl a kiss on the lips is a very strong witness of true commitment. To a guy it can be just a fleshy pleasure.

Proverbs 24:26 (New King James Version)
26 He who gives a right answer kisses the lips.
Proverbs 27:6 (New King James Version)
6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
Luke 22:47-48 (New King James Version) Betrayal and Arrest in Gethsemane

47 And while He was still speaking, behold, a multitude; and he who was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them and drew near to Jesus to kiss Him. 48 But Jesus said to him, "Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?"

Titus 1 (New King James Version)
1 Paul, a bondservant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect and the acknowledgment of the truth which accords with godliness.

Verse one speaks of the knowledge of truth according to godliness. Test a teaching for truth and honesty and do not hang onto false teachings.

If you are defiled you do not see clearly and you are deceived. When you're deceived you don't know it!

We need God's Word, spiritual covering, parents and fellowship to keep us honest, thinking humbly, clearly and truthfully.

Compromise doesn't pay off it rips you off.
There was a moral slide in the US in the 1970s and we have kept on sliding since then. In Revelation and Daniel "righteous become more righteous and the wicked become more wicked" in the last days.

"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men/women to do nothing"

Hebrews 1:8-12 (New International Version)
8But about the Son he says,
"Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy." 10He also says, "In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.11They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment.
12You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end.

God loves righteousness. So the ruling motive of our hearts should be "what does God desire?" You aren't so "special" that you get to cut corners but you are just as special as any saint through the ages. HE wants the very best for you!

There is a possible direct correlation between immorality plus personal and parental divorce in society and teenage suicide. Enslavement to sex will lead to more emotional chains than physical ones.

Sex is NOT the bitter fruit of the fall. God first created the body and then breathed a soul into it, so God is not "down" on the body.

Whenever we break God's standards consequences follow and they hurt us whether we realize it at first or not.

Lyrics to "love songs" have lies and when you listen to them over and over you get programmed in your expectations in relationships - another "somebody done somebody wrong song"

A thought regarding dating non-Christians you are both going different ways so how can you be going "together"?

If you really love someone you won't stir them up in areas of temptation God never intended them to go through, for example: before marriage in sexual areas.

Satan's number ONE lie "that's ok, God will forgive you" It is not OK and we need to go to Plan B before we need to ask forgiveness.

Some of these writings are based on a lecture series called Sex and Dating by Dale Crall and are used with his permission. Thank you Dale!

There are many more articles in this series if you enjoyed this one you might want to read the others!

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print