I Need Patience
by naomi Cassata

Read Psalm 40:1-3

Our society is constantly changing. In fact, it is moving at a pace too quick for some to keep up with. Microwaves, fast food, instant emails and direct downloads all make up our "No Patients" society. Long lines, dial-up internet, cassette tapes and snail mail are almost things of the past.

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry (Psalm 40:1).

King David faced many trials during his life. However, he learned through them all that "waiting patiently" on God was the only solution to his problems. He called on God because he knew that He was larger and more powerful than any issue he faced. God was always faithful to deliver David, as long as he was willing to wait on Him.

Living in a world that views waiting as an inconvenience can cause you to forget about waiting on God. You can never go wrong when you learn to wait on God's provision, answer, wisdom or will in a matter concerning your life.

Can you think back at a situation you've faced that you didn't wait on God and it turned out horrible? If so, how did it turn out and what did you learn from it?

Why do you think it's important to wait patiently on God?

Thru the Bible Reading: Psalm 40; Galatians 3.

Prayer Emphasis: Ask the Lord to help you to not become conformed to the world, but to wait on Him when facing situations that cause you to want to be impatient.

http://www.lampformyfeet.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print