Young World
by PamFord Davis

Do additional years automatically result in wisdom? Does the hand of God rest only on the experienced? It would be interesting to do a survey on churches seeking prospects to serve as pastor. Is there a target age specified? Some seek the enthusiasm and energy of younger ministers. Others may desire the experience and track record of someone middle aged.


A reading of the Old Testament reveals a tarnished line of Kings. One would honor God and lead the Hebrew nation to renewal of covenant vows. The next would worship false gods and corrupt judgment. Where would our nation fall today?


You might be surprised to read the full story of King Josiah. For instance he began his reign at the ripe old age of eight and ruled for thirty-one years.(2 Kings 22:1) In his mid twenty's the book of God's law was discovered. Realizing how unfaithful God's people were Josiah tore his clothes in sorrow. (2 Kings 22:8-11) His influence shaped the nation.

"Josiah got rid of every disgusting person and thing in Judah and Jerusalem- including magicians, fortune-tellers, and idols. He did his best to obey every law written in the book that the priest Hilkiah found in the Lord's temple (2 Kings 23:24 CEV)." A young King chose righteousness to restore broken relationships with God. The world should still seek such men.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print