What Does the Bible Say Outrageous Ideas on Sex Before Marriage Series 3
by Marijo Phelps

2 Peter 1:3-7 (New King James Version)
3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Fruitful Growth in the Faith


5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.

Sexual love without God's love is meaningless and leads to hurt. SO wait. Lust doesn't wait.

In society people are in love with the container rather than the inside. They would rather eat the wrapper than the candy bar. They love the body rather than the inside of the female or the male they are attracted to. This leads to ultimate heartbreak.

*What Happens When You Defraud?

Proverbs 15:32 (New King James Version)

32 He who disdains instruction despises his own soul, But he who heeds rebuke gets understanding.

The one who lacks discipline despises himself/herself. People get hard because of guilt. The opposite of guilt is innocence. The spirit or righteous part of a man desires the gal to say NO. the flesh gets mad but later is thankful.

Godly relationships are built on trust and honesty then love.

A. Lasciviousness/defrauding reduces intimacy in communication especially in spiritual areas and matters.

B. Lasciviousness/defrauding strips one of their self control

C. Lasciviousness/defrauding strips one of their power of concentration

D. Lasciviousness/defrauding destroys creativity

E. Lasciviousness/defrauding produces strife, lust, arguments

James 4:1-2 (New King James Version)Pride Promotes Strife

1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask.

Hebrews 10:26-36 (New King James Version)

The Just Live by Faith


26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,"[a] says the Lord.[b] And again, "The LORD will judge His people."[c] 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
32 But recall the former days in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings: 33 partly while you were made a spectacle both by reproaches and tribulations, and partly while you became companions of those who were so treated;34 for you had compassion on me[d] in my chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves in heaven.[e] 35Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:

Psalm 19:13 (New King James Version)

13 Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, And I shall be innocent of great transgression.


You're not forgiven when you're motivated by a lie based on the truth of God it insults the spirit of grace. If there's true repentance you don't fall into it again. You can't justify lust by the grace of God. Premeditated sin presumes on God's grace grace doesn't justify sin.

God, give me the grace of true repentance.

Chances of God keeping you together with a person you're physically involved with are slim, even light physical involvement. SO if you really love them DON'T get physically involved. Emotional chains with physical involvement take you away from God.

Number One desire in a girl is to have a man who will lead her spiritually without shame, a man who puts God first and is not ashamed. Number One thing in a girl's flesh is to destroy this quality. She tried to destroy this through demanding attention and nagging which conflicts with spiritual things because he responds and gives her time and he has less time to spend with God.

Number One desire in a guy is a girl who has a certain innocence about her, purity. Yet his flesh is trying to destroy with physical involvement before marriage.

LASCIVIOUSNESS or DEFRAUDING

WARNINGS

Sex is any physical involvement before marriage: heavy "making out", petting or intercourse. As singles we can be complete only in Jesus. Marriage does NOT complete us. Our companion is to accent our life and ministry.

What happens with physical involvement?

Galatians 5:13-24 (New King James Version)

13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."[ 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

Walking in the Spirit

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.24

Those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires, if not you live for SELF rather than God.

You do have the freedom to choose what you want to do.

You can choose purity or reaping what you sowed with the consequences going on and on.

Lasciviousness/defrauding is stirring oneself up. What happens?

F. Lasciviousness/defrauding reduces self respect and respect for your companion. It lowers your "self image". A guy is "in the flesh" if he gets angry, is doing a little hurt boy act or frustrated. He should say thank you when the girl stops him. There is guilt the first time and then a searing of conscience starts and the conviction gets less and less.

G. Lasciviousness/defrauding destroys mutual trust and leads to jealousy and possessiveness.

A SENSITIVE CONSCIENCE IS KEY TO HEARING THE VOICE OF GOD. If you sear your conscience then you lessen your ability to hear God's voice.

H. Lasciviousness/defrauding produces unconscious slavery and bondage to your flesh. Then your sex drive controls you rather than you controlling the sex drive. REPENT and get the mercy of God.

I. Lasciviousness/defrauding produces slavery and bondage to each other and leads to unhappiness. It squeezes God out of the picture. Lasciviousness/defrauding increases impatience, makes you harsh and robs you of God's peace, makes you restless.

J. Lust builds in you an attitude of being a quitter because you can't stop yourself

Some of these writings are based on a lecture series called Sex and Dating by Dale Crall and are used with his permission. Thank you Dale!

There are many more articles in this series if you enjoyed this one you might want to read the others!

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print