Bridge Over Troubled Waters
by PamFord Davis

Do you get weak in the knees while driving over a large bridge? Many people share in those phobias. As a child my dad frequently drove over a rickety old bridge that seemed to sway beneath us. During my first visit in the south I traveled over the Mississippi River in two locations. I braved the span from Greenville Mississippi to Arkansas and survived another bridge linking Louisiana to Vicksburg, Mississippi. The mighty Mississippi takes your breath away, if you haven't already lost it on the bridge.


In recent years bridges collapsed resulting in the loss of lives and property. Such tragedies are wake-up calls to Federal and State transportation departments. Budget cuts and procrastination must never come at the expense of safety.


We can always place our confidence in Jesus, who bridges the gap between lost mankind and the heavenly Father. He provides the only way. "I am the way, the truth, and the life! Jesus answered. Without me, no one can go to the father. (John 14:6 CEV) We need never fear the distance from here to God's eternal kingdom. The bridge over troubled waters is built on the Solid Rock.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print