Queen of the Hop
by PamFord Davis

Were you ever given the special recognition and honor of Homecoming Queen, win a pageant or similar event? It must be exciting. I once interviewed, but did not win. Local fire departments held annual field day carnivals. Two of my sisters entered the Miss Kirkville Barbecue competition. One placed as a runner-up. The other won the title, the Miss Kirkville sash, Tierra crown and a convertible ride in the parade.


King Solomon's wisdom and fame drew the attention of leaders in the surrounding area of Israel. The Queen of Sheba made a trip to satisfy her curiosity. (2 Chronicles 9:1-12) She could not contain her astonishment. "I praise the Lord your God. He is pleased with you and has made you king of Israel. God loves the people of this country and will never desert them, so he has given them a king who will rule fairly and honestly. The Queen of Sheba gave Solomon almost five tons of gold, a large amount of jewels, and the best spices anyone had ever seen. In return, Solomon gave her everything she wanted-even more than she had given him. Then she and her officials went back to their own country (2 Chronicles 9:8-12 CEV)." I would give her a ten in the interview category.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print