What Does the Bible Say Outrageous Ideas on Sex Before Marriage Series PART 4
by Marijo Phelps

Romans 6:12-18 (New King James Version)

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

From Slaves of Sin to Slaves of God

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

K. Lasciviousness/defrauding reduces the sensation and height of enjoyment of sex/excitement.

L. Sex works on the law of diminishing returns before marriage. Then you eventually want another partner.

M. Lasciviousness/defrauding leads to a cycle hand holding becomes putting your arm around becomes kissing becomes making out then petting, stripping etc.

N. Within marriage YWAM teacher Dean Sherman had a visual of God's protective circle around the couple. Within that circle (marriage covered by God) there was no guilt. The Holy Spirit entered into their spirits in the marriage relationship.

O. Sex before marriage is more vanity with a focus on looks, make-up, face, figure or body.

P. Sex before marriage changes the participant's eyes

Q. Sex before marriage produces insecurity which increases the need for companionship.

R. Sex before marriage produces a comparison in looks etc. with other girls/guys and you get jealous and threatened.

S. Sex before marriage is performance oriented.

T. Sex before marriage increases fear as a result of guilt.

I John 4:17-19

17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.

Consequences of sexual involvement before marriage continued:

U. God will avenge the defrauder.

V. Sex before marriage leads to rebellion against parents and those in authority.

W. The degree that you have rebellions attitudes towards your authorities is the degree that your flesh drives will be able to overpower you. Take control over attitudes towards authorities. The first authority is the Word of God. Overcome ATTITUDES rather than behavior repent and submit or the enemy will use that to manipulate you into sin.

Again ALL sex outside of marriage is sin.

Sex is any physical involvement before marriage: heavy "making out", petting or intercourse. As singles we can be complete only in Jesus. Marriage does NOT complete us. Our companion is to accent our life and ministry.

X. Sex before marriage destroys spiritual hunger and drive. It decreases the praying you do with your companion, your own prayer time, your time in the Word and time in fellowship.

"doctrines of demons and seducing spirits" (in the last days) IF you are enslaved to your sex drive instead of the Holy Spirit. Agape love doesn't change no matter what mood a person is in the object of your love is still the object of your agape love.

1 Timothy 4:1-3 (New King James Version)The Great Apostasy Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron..

AA Sex before marriage reduces faith in the supernatural (God). "If this isn't His will, why doesn't He stop me?" YOU HAVE YOUR WILL.

AB Sex before marriage allows criticism and skepticism to surface you do not even realize that these lists of things are happening until it is too late.

AC Sex before marriage makes one loose the sensing the presence of God

Galatians 5:16 (New King James Version) Walking in the Spirit

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

When the Spirit controls emotions this is good, when the flesh controls emotions look out.

AD Sex before marriage makes one see all Christians as hypocrites

AE Sex before marriage allows you to have a tolerance for the world

AF Sex before marriage gives a desire for the "stuff" of the world

AG The look of your eyes begins to change

AH You see a lot of what happens in church as emotionalism

AI Your heart gets harder your look or appearance gets harder

AJ James 3 all but focus on 13-18

Heavenly Versus Demonic Wisdom

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. (NKJV)

AK Sex before marriage destroys boldness to witness for Jesus

AL Sex before marriage gives a curiosity about ESP, occult and things of the enemy

AM Sex before marriage can lead to smoking, drinking, swearing

AN Sex before marriage destroys faith in the Word

AO One beings to deny the devil exists

AP One has problems with the inerrancy of scripture

AQ One has problems with increasing infidelity and lusts

AR Sex before marriage makes one open to other teaching which runs contrary to the Spirit of Truth

AS Sex looses meaning and enjoyment with THAT partner

AT Sex before marriage makes the faults in others as glaring walls

Romans 2:1 (New King James Version) God's Righteous Judgment

1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. (NKJV)

Once you have prayed and those in authority over you have prayed and are in one accord.

Have a SHORT courtship/engagement ot there will be a difficulty in maintaining standards of purity. Our supreme motive in life should be to please God.

1 Thessalonians 4:1-14 (New King James Version) Plea for Purity

1 Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God; 2 for you know what commandments we gave you through the Lord Jesus.

3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5 not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6 that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified. 7 For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. 8 Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit.

A Brotherly and Orderly Life 9 But concerning brotherly love you have no need that I should write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another; 10 and indeed you do so toward all the brethren who are in all Macedonia. But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more; 11 that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, 12 that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.

1 Corinthians 1:18-25 (New King James Version) Christ the Power and Wisdom of God

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written: " I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Don't defraud another (sexually stir up)

Potipher's wife said to Joseph "come lie with me" that is the spirit of this world. There is a much better gift from God awaiting you. Jesus will help you to wait.

Some of these writings are based on a lecture series called Sex and Dating by Dale Crall and are used with his permission. Thank you Dale!

There are many more articles in this series if you enjoyed this one you might want to read the others!

Please feel free to leave comments or questions.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print