The Act of Writing
by Bob Valleau

Years ago, I read an informative book titled, "The Act of Marriage," by Tim LaHaye. It said the act of marriage is a spiritual union, through a physical act, between a husband and a wife. Recently, this made me think of other "acts" we Christians participate in such as the "act of worship." Again, this type of "act" is a spiritual union between us and our Creator. Then I wondered, could this same term be used for Christian writers who communicate God's Word to others? I believe so, and here's why:

As Christian writers, we communicate words that have eternal value. Our writing has the potential to influence someone's life for good or bad. For instance, a beautifully written poem can bring healing to someone's emotional pain when, perhaps, nothing else will. A song can bring someone to tears, instill joy or jog a pleasant memory. An interesting story, written as a novel, can do the same or more. Bottom line: what we write -- in whatever its final form -- can affect a person's spirit, thoughts and emotions.

God has mandated Christian writers to spread His Good News through the written word. He has entrusted us with a creative talent whereby we can touch another person's soul with truth and love. The "act" of writing, in essence, is our ability to relate to our readers on a spiritual level and, thus, become one with them. As we think about those who read what we write, let us not lose sight of our responsibility and privilege of communicating words of hope, comfort, guidance and cheer. May our "act" be at the forefront of every writing endeavor.

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print