In the beginning
by Jasti Victor

After the heaven and the earth were created, God created the animals and the birds.

Light and the darkness were easy to create as He had to just separate them and called them the day and the night.

The waters He separated and called the dry land Earth and the waters, Seas.

He created the grass and the herbs and they were green in color, but though the fruit trees were also green, the fruits were in different colors. He made oranges, orange in color, but the apples He made them red, the watermelon, a little large but said, green is good.

And the evening and the morning were the third day.

And seeing that the sea was dark and blue and without any living beings, He created great whales, large schools of fish of different sizes and colors and filled the Seas with it.

And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

The next day is the sixth day and He had so much to do. And He had to create Man also. But it was easy as He had to create him in His own image.

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Snakes were easy as they were thin and long and just slithered around.

Animals, well animals should be different as unlike fish He cannot make them large and small.

Donkeys and asses He created but they walked slowly, so He said why can't they run faster.

So He created horses and they ran swiftly.

He colored them with stripes and they were zebras.

Lions He created to look ferocious with their awesome mane. Tigers looked terrific with stripes and equally threatening.

When the lions and the tigers hunt the animals He said it's too easy, so He created deers with antlers and cattle with horns so that they can run as well as defend themselves.

And thought why don't We create animals that can smell danger from a long distance as well as look mammoth. And He created Elephants.

Rabbits and hares He created so that they can run faster as soon they smell danger.

It's already late and it's the sixth day and He has only a day more, and so much more to do.

And then He had to rest.

Now where are we? Ah yes,the animals.

He had already created animals that can walk slow,run fast,colored with stripes, made them ferocious with long mane,animals that can see danger and smell it from a long distance.

But He had not created one that can see long distances.

So He created an animal but his neck was short.

So He stretched the neck. But it was still short.

He looked at it. The neck can be stretched still further.So He stretched it hard, very hard. And it became very long. Too long for an animal, that it can even reach the top of the trees.

But God saw it was good. And He let be like that.

And Adam named it Giraffe.

Victor Jasti lives in India and is passionate about writing short stories based on the Bible and real incidents. He also writes Christian fiction and poetry. Five of his poems were published in Temporal Currents compiled by an American author, Ms. Christine Tricarico.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print