Never on Sunday
by PamFord Davis

Are there some things that you refuse to do on Sunday? The younger generation knows nothing of restricted Sunday routines. Over the last few decades more and more businesses have expanded service to seven days a week. To individuals working six days a week it is beneficial, having so little free time during the work week. I can remember Perone's, our local small town drug store, opening their doors after normal business hours to fill urgently needed prescriptions. Today large pharmacies face each other at busy intersections. Competition keeps them open 24-7.


Lover's of the Lord honor Him all week long, but Sunday is a special time set aside for worship and rest. Legalism does not need to return. In the early 1980's our family moved from Arkansas to Texas. We accidentally forgot to pack our pots and pans. On arrival we discovered our mistake. We went to a large grocery store that Sunday to pick up a few groceries and a couple pans. Certain items were restricted on Sunday. We could buy the groceries, but not the pots to cook them in.


Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. Jesus is Lord of all. Religious leaders judged Him for gathering grain for eating on the Sabbath day. (Luke 6:1-2) Jesus knew they were hypocrites. He gave an Old Testament illustration that revealed His authority. (Verses 3-4) On another Sabbath He healed a man with a crippled hand. (Luke 6:6-11) That really resulted in anger and condemnation. Ask the question. What would Jesus do?
"Jesus finished by saying, The Son of Man is Lord over the Sabbath (Luke 6:5 CEV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print