Shake, Rattle, Roll
by PamFord Davis

God has power over nature and at times He has used those forces to bring judgment for sin. Violent storms and earthquakes are not to be seen as a sure sign of His wrath. All of creation is in turmoil as a result of the original sins of Adam and Eve. As a result things remain out of balance and destruction often comes. We must remember He is the Creator and He does have the authority and power to work through His creation. An example is found in Numbers 16:1-40.

A group of Israelites led in rebellion against God's chosen leaders Moses and Aaron. Moses spoke words of correction. God took drastic action against the ring-leaders. "As soon as Moses said this, the ground under the men opened up and swallowed them alive, together with their families and everything they owned. Then the ground closed back up, and they were gone (Numbers 16:31 -33 CEV)." The earthquake imagery brings to mind a great shaking and rolling of the earth.


God sent His Son to take our punishment for rebellion and rejection. "God is patient, because he wants everyone to turn from sin and no one to be lost (2 Peter 3:9b CEV)." He desires that no man should perish. Turn to Him today.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print