Over The Rainbow
by PamFord Davis

Do you appreciate visible reminders of love and faithfulness? Wedding bands and framed marriage certificates are public displays of the commitment between husband and wife. The flags of our nations flapping in the wind, and soldiers dressed in full uniform renew our pride and patriotism.


The Lord knows our need for tangible confidence. He instructed the patriarchs to build altars of memorial, as well as for sacrifices and offerings. Turning our eyes to them opens our spiritual eyes to the Father above. The observance of the Lord's Supper, Communion is done in remembrance of Jesus sacrificial death. The display of a cross draws us to our Savior who took our place.


God Himself gives frequent reminders of His promises made long ago. Dark clouds hang low; look for their parting. (Genesis 9:9-17) Jehovah cleansed the earth with a flood. Noah, his family, and surviving animals were given a solemn promise. God would never again destroy His living creations by a flood. A sign would be visible as a token and pledge. "The rainbow that I have put in the sky will be my sign to you and to every living creature on earth. It will remind you that I will keep this promise forever (Genesis 9:12-13 CEV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print