Love Letters In The Sand
by PamFord Davis

Do you remember childhood hours spent building sand castles and burying friends in the sand? There is something about a shoreline that draws a child. Names are written only to be erased by the approaching tide. Sand not only gets between your toes, but also in your memories. Lovers stroll on the beach. They stop and draw a heart pierced by an arrow. Letters of their names spell out their undying love.

Most remember the dramatic story of a woman caught in the act of adultery. (John 8:3-11) In the scripture we learn that Jesus wrote in the dirt. "Now Moses, in the law, commanded as that such should be stoned. But what do you say? This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear (John 8:5-6 NKJ)." Men speculate on what Jesus wrote that day. We only know the woman's accusers all walked away, leaving only Jesus to be faced by the woman.

I once heard an interesting theory. It is based on the Exodus account of the writing of the Law and Ten Commandments. "And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God (Exodus 31:18 NKJ)." Could it be that Jesus simply wrote the commandments which brought conviction to the accusers of the adulteress? I love happy endings. Words became love letters of forgiveness to a wayward woman.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print