I Had The Craziest Dream
by PamFord Davis

Are you a dreamer? I'm not insinuating you are a visionary, merely asking if you frequently dream. Some dream on a regular basis, while others rarely do. Are your dreams crazy or logical? Are your dreams short tidbits or lengthy as Gone With The Wind? Do you remember your dreams? Medical professionals give many reasons for dreaming, from eating too close to bed time or sleeping on your back, to conflict resolution.


I can still remember my childhood fright when waking from repeated bad dreams. They involved a character from the Little Lulu comic strip. A chubby boy in the series, Tubby would chase me. My mother planted the seeds of another dream. It revolved around HI-C my favorite beverage. She said if I didn't stop drinking so much, I would turn into an orange. That was a real nightmare.


King Nebuchadnezzar, of Babylon battled nightmares. Searching for hidden meanings to a dream, he called in counselors and psychics. He demanded not only the interpretation, but the dream as well. They were not able to accept his challenge and he gave orders for their execution. (Daniel 2:1-13). Daniel, a Hebrew in Babylonian captivity asked for time to discover the answers. He and his three prayers partners turned to God, who knows all. (Verses 14-18) "In a vision one night, Daniel was shown the dream and its meaning. Then he praised God who rules from heaven (Daniel 2:19 CEV)."


The dream focused on a large statue representing the world's kingdoms. They would be replaced by God's eternal kingdom. Nebuchadnezzar's crazy dream revealed significant political events. God will rule and reign in hearts and nations.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print