A Purpose For You
by Fredrick Nicholson

"Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1: 4-5 (NKJV)

Your body, your hair, your size, and your skin tone are not the real you. Your body is just an earth suit that houses your spirit. The real you existed before you entered the earth realm. And God knew you then. Hebrews 12: 9 calls Him the Father of spirits. Being a purposeful God, he had something in mind for you to accomplish in the earth that only you can do. Otherwise, why place you here? He intended for you to succeed, so He created everything you would need to accomplish your purpose before you were born. Your assignment in life is to find and fulfill your God given purpose. That is easier said than done, so how do we find what we were placed on earth to do? Your purpose may not be your employment, but you may have been divinely placed there to impact someone's life far beyond the workplace.

When we speak of purpose, we often think of a long term goal, as if our purpose lies a long way off and it will take most of our lives to find it. Not necessarily so. Our purpose lies deep within us, placed there by God and involves our passion. What moves you? What are your strengths? What do you enjoy doing so much that you would do it for free? Our heavenly Father can lead us through our passions into on purpose, satisfied living that brings peace and prosperity. I heard a quote once that says "without an extraordinary contribution, a life is unnecessary." Saints, you are necessary. Remember, God did not give your spirit a body and send you through the matrix into the earth just because he thought it was a good idea. He has a plan for your life.

"Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, 'My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,' Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it;I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it." Isaiah 46:9-11 (NKJV)

When God sees you, he sees your potential, and it's far above your highest hopes, thoughts, and dreams. However, God's plan for your life is not automatic. He needs your participation and availability. If you don't lose heart and stay on the path he has laid out for you, you will succeed and complete your life assignment. Remember, God knows more people than you do and He knows how to get the resources to you to get the job done.

Copyright 2011  by Fredrick F. Nicholson  all rights reserved

Fredrick F. Nicholson is a worship leader at New Life Interfaith Ministries which has two campuses, in Bessemer and Birmingham Alabama. You can read his blog @ http://fredrickfnicholson.wordpress.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print