Crimson, The Only Color That Matters
by Fredrick Nicholson

I read an article today by Paul Finebaum (sports columnist) regarding the University of Alabama Football program's recent National Championship victory at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. In his article, he talked about the reaction from fans across the board. His theme was simple, it didn't matter what side of the tracks they were from, how much money they had, what color they were; all that was irrelevant. What they all had in common was that they were Crimson Tide fans. People were showing each other love through a common bond. He observed people opening doors for each other, giving up parking spaces and greeting each other with a friendly and exuberant "Roll Tide!" You could almost feel the "love" in the air. He ironically referenced a time earlier in history when George Wallace blocked the doorway to the University to prevent African-Americans from entering. Today, the only color that matters is crimson.

I wonder what the world would be like if more "believers" in Jesus Christ would exhibit the love toward their fellow-man that Alabama fans are emitting. What effect would a kind word or deed do in someone else's life? Can someone on the Lord's side go above and beyond what is necessary or expected to meet the need(s) of another regardless of race, sex, or religious affiliation? I'd bet God would be pleased if we would just treat each other better . I mean, "Christians". If I were a sinner and saw how some of us treated each other, I wouldn't want to be saved either. We get caught up in arguing over man-made religious doctrine, while millions are still lost because they can't see the "light " of God's love in us.

The bottom line is this: The blood of Jesus has made us free from the law of sin and death. His sacrifice cleared the pathway to God that had been blocked by Satan; now we all have access. Through His blood we are more than conquerors; in fact, we already have the victory. By His blood Satan is defeated. And sinners plunged beneath that red stained flood are made righteous in him losing all guilt and condemnation. That's the only crimson that matters.

Copyright 2011  by Fredrick F. Nicholson  all rights reserved

Fredrick F. Nicholson is a worship leader at New Life Interfaith Ministries which has two campuses, in Bessemer and Birmingham Alabama. You can read his blog @ http://fredrickfnicholson.wordpress.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print