No One Ever Lost More
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever known a person who lost it all? Most of us have at least heard stories of individuals who lost jobs, homes, families and health through personal calamities. Loss can come through neglect of responsibilities, addictive behaviors or natural disasters. The root causes vary, but the end result is devastating.


We easily remember the suffering, patience and faithfulness of Job. We need regular reminders of the great loss that preceded personal pain. The blessings and wealth of Job are described in Job 1:2-3. "Job had seven sons and three daughters. He owned seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred donkeys, and a large number of servants. He was the richest man of the East." (CEV)


Satan was permitted to test the righteous follower of God. A cyclone destroyed his property and took the lives of his children. (1:13-19) In brokenness he worshiped "and said: We bring nothing at birth; we take nothing with us at death. The Lord alone gives and takes. Praise the name of the Lord (Job 1:21 CEV)!"


Pain followed sorrow. "Satan left and caused painful sores to break out all over Job's body- from head to toe (Job 2:7 CEV)." Yes, viewing his life we might believe he lost it all. He did not. He never lost his faith in God. Even his wife turned sour. "Job replied, Don't talk like a fool! If we accept blessings from God, we must accept trouble as well. In all that happened Job never once said anything against God (Job 2:10 CEV)." The story ends with Job being blessed more than ever before. No one ever lost more. No one could teach us more on faithfulness.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print