Goin' Out Of My Head
by PamFord Davis

Rulers through out history are often accused of being unstable. The opposition believes nobody in their right mind could make such ludicrous decisions. Most often it is just political differences, but at times tyrants may be mentally deranged. Leaders are not infallible. They are mortal and make mistakes.


The Old Testament gives a very interesting example. Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon allowed prestige and power to sway him. "The king spoke, saying, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by my mighty power and for the honor of my majesty (Daniel 4:30 NKJ)?" God would not allow such arrogance. The king lost his mind. "That very hour the word was fulfilled concerning Nebuchadnezzar; he was driven from men and ate grass like oxen; his body was wet with dew of heaven till his hair had grown like eagle's feathers and his nails like birds' claws (Daniel 4:33 NKJ)."


Did he disappear to never again live in dignity? "And at the end of the time I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my understanding returned to me; and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever: For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom is from generation to generation (Daniel 4:34 NKJ)." The nation's leaders returned him to his place of authority. He learned his lesson well.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print