Deep Purple
by PamFord Davis

What is your favorite color? Many people prefer purple. The color is bright and cheerful and comes in many shades from orchid and lilac to deep purple. It is very popular at Easter time. Purple and yellow seem to welcome in the change of seasons. Royalty often wear purple robes. It seems to represent wealth, authority and prestige. Jesus, as the King of Kings should have been give purple robes by His followers. Instead those who mocked Him placed a scarlet robe upon Him.


"Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole garrison around Him. And they stripped Him and put a scarlet robe on Him. When they twisted a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand. And they bowed the knee before Him and mocked Him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews! Then they spat on Him, and took the reed and struck Him on the head. And when they had mocked Him, they took the robe off Him, put His own clothes on Him, and led Him away to be crucified (Matthew 27:27-31 NKJ)." As reigning King He deserves deep purple. As the sacrificial Lamb of God He wore scarlet, representing our sin which he carried to the cross.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print