Mashed Potato Time
by PamFord Davis

Variety is something most of us take for granted. Open your eyes; it is everywhere. God never seemed to run out of ways to show His love for variety in creation. Plants, animals, geography all show His handiwork using different sizes, colors and even textures. Man is living proof that God decided the more we differ, the more He liked us. Our homes may be alike on the outside. Step through the doors and see the variety of styles and colors chosen by the owners.


I like variety on my plate, too. My husband drives a truck and he like many other drivers eats a lot of ramen noodles. With a 12 volt appliance water is heated in the trucks and poured over the noodles. Quick and hot meals are better than a sandwich or costly truck stop buffets. I traveled with him for about six years and got very tired of ramen. I can understand the grumbling of God's children in the wilderness. Their daily manna met nutritional needs, but they desired a meat and potatoes diet. They dreamed of meat and maybe mashed potatoes and gravy on the side.


The people begged for meat and got more than they asked for. (Numbers 12:31-34) Quail came from the sea, blown in by powerful winds. They stacked it in piles measuring three feet high for miles. It took two days to gather the birds. "But before the meat could be eaten, the Lord became angry and sent a disease through the camp. After they had buried the people who had been so greedy for meat, they called the place Graves for the Greedy (Numbers 12:33-34 CEV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print