Who Do You Resemble Mary or Martha?
by Marijo Phelps

Who do you relate to best, Mary or Martha? But Lord, doesn't the logistical stuff have to be done? Don't I have to do wash and dishes and cook and clean kitty litter boxes? Boy, I get tired just thinking about it all..

Child, Child, Child, you are sometimes too busy buzzing you need to stop and focus on Me alone is that so hard? I love you. I have plans for you. Cooperation and yielding are your part but you need to rest from "wheel spinning" I AM loves you, know that ye not that ye are the temple of the Holy Ghost? I will sustain you, meet with Me when you are quiet, rest in My arms, Selah.

Prayer: I think Martha is my perfect Biblical example. She is my example of "busy buzzing"..Lord, help me to have Mary's heart and mind set.

In Luke 10:41 the Lord Jesus Christ told Martha that she was busy worrying about too many things. Could that be you (me?) He is talking to even today? How often do we resemble that remark?

John 11:5 is clear about Jesus' love for Mary, Martha and Lazarus. It is total comfort to me that Jesus loved Martha!

In I Corinthians 6:19 we are taught about our body being the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in us, who we have received from God. What an incredible gift. The last part of that verse is a "zinger" saying that you are not your own. We have been bought and paid for. We are bond slaves to the Lord Jesus Christ. Should it be so difficult to find time to sit at His feet? Yet somehow it is difficult. I am preaching to myself here.

Prayer: Thank You dear Jesus that my body IS the temple of Your Holy Spirit. Help me to choose to have bigger ears and a much smaller mouth. Help me to grow in Your presence and to rest in your everlasting arms! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print