Soak in My Word
by Marijo Phelps

Have you ever taken a warm bath in something soothing like bath oil? Just able to soak and be at peace and feel sort of pampered in the midst of a busy day? If not, do it soon just for you. If you can remember a time like this then apply that to taking time, relaxing, reading and soaking in the most incredible Word of the Lord Jesus Christ. His last will and testament to us, the Bible. If you listen you can almost hear Him saying out loud:

Child, draw nigh unto Me as you are absorb yourself in My word study and I shall bless. My discipline really shall be an exciting delight to you. Remember your childhood the security of knowing you're cared for within parameters of limits security, yes, even joy. So rejoice my child as I move you into obedience. Set your will to follow Me. And I will shore you up and reinforce that decision with my strength and encouragement. We are getting ready and I love you!

In 2 Timothy 2:15 we are all encouraged to present ourselves to God as approved, as workmen who do not need to be ashamed and who correctly handle the word of truth. This says to me that first, we CAN do this or it wouldn't be put in that wording. We can be approved and fruitful workmen who know what the Bible means and act like we have that knowledge. So, in a way this verse is also a wonderful promise. God doesn't put things in His Word encouraging us to do it if it is not possible. He will be there to help us. His Holy Spirit will come along side of us and teach us. When we falter in weakness His strength will be made perfect. Amazing.

OK, so let's soak a bit more. Wiggle around and get comfortable so you can soak and see what else His Word says to us.

In Jeremiah 33:6 God speaks that He will bring health and healing, heal His people and allow them to enjoy peace and security. I guess He doesn't just say peace but abundant peace, more than enough peace. How many of us could use a bit of that on a daily basis? Notice He isn't saying He might bring health and healing but that He will. Yes, this scripture was for a people during a time of walls and wars but there is also application for our lives today. Be still and allow Him to make this real and personal for you right now.

Romans 15:4 feeds right into this and tells us that everything which was written in the past is to teach us so that through the endurance and encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope. Another gift tied with a bow and the content is ever greater than the packaging, isn't it? Everything is pretty all inclusive. His Word not only had application when the disciples were walking around in sandals but will be alive for us, the Body of Christ today. I think most of us could agree we could us a bit of encouragement.

There is about to be a great falling away but also a great in-gathering. Whole nations will come to the Lord. Jeremiah 16:19 speaks to us of making the Lord our strength and fortress, our refuge in times of distress and then mentions that to Him the nations will come from the ends of the earth. More promises to us for hope, a future and encouragement in the face of incredibly awful night time headlines most of the time.

Can we look beyond those headlines? Can we know that what we "see" isn't necessarily all there is to "reality"? Can we know in our "knower" that we can trust someone who sees the whole picture from beginning to end and has our very best interest in hand? What kind of security is that? Wow.

Prayer: Dear Lord of all, thank you for giving us your discipline and parameters and making us sense the security in You and obedience to Your Word. Thank you that we can rejoice in your leading and guiding us daily. Please help us to stay yielded, going and growing in you and your Word. dear Jesus. Help us to REST in your everlasting arms and beneath the shadow of your wings. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print