The Make It Happen Moment ® Use Your Mind
by Gary J. Borgstede

Quote: "Learn to use your mind or your mind will use you!" - Gary Mack with David Casstevens

I've heard it said once that the average American watches nearly 6 hours of TV each day. If this is true, and unfortunately I believe the source to be credible, especially if you include internet surfing hours, then there is no wonder why advertisers spend millions of dollars to promote their goods and services on television and computer screens. The pictures and images that daily bombard our minds through digital media sources have a powerful impact on the markets and greatly influence our daily lives. For better or worse, the pictures, images, and thoughts that we put into our minds have a way of becoming reality in our life. Proverbs 23:7 states that "as a person thinks in their heart, so are they." This truth means that the things people think about manifest in their character and the person they become on the inside.

So let me ask you - do the things you think about each day help you to build character and to become a person of excellence or do they bring you down and cause you to live a mediocre life of subpar potential? While the TV and internet dupes people into living a vicarious life of fantasy and adventure through other people on the screen, the reality is that we are allowing our minds to use us as we settle for a boring life at best in the "easy chair". Don't let this happen to you because your potential is far greater than what you might think and your own real life adventure awaits an active pursuit of your God-given destiny!

Learning to effectively use the mind God gave you instead of allowing it to use you as a "couch potato" or "surf junkie" is an important key to becoming all that the Lord created you to be and living the life of excellence He has destined for you. Therefore, turn off the TV, step away from the monitor, and start feeding your mind with thoughts, images, and information that can help you learn, grow, and develop into a person of excellence. Paul states in Philippians 4:8, "whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things." As you and I begin to do this with a spirit of commitment and excellence, the peace of God will rule in our hearts and lead us on an adventurous journey with God to become everything He created us to be and to do all that He purposed for us to do in His Righteousness and His Glory!

The Make It Happen Training And Development Value: "Make It Happen" People Invest And Participate In Training And Development!

Have a blessed "Make It Happen" day!

Written by Gary J. Borgstede
President and Founder of The Make It Happen Learning Institute - Reaching People, Unleashing The Extraordinary! www.makeithappenbooks.com

Edited by The Make It Happen Moment Editorial Team

The Make It Happen Moment Use Your Mind Copyright 2007, The Make It Happen Learning Institute. You have permission to reprint The Make It Happen Moment Use Your Mind, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print