Are You Growing in the Lord Jesus Christ?
by Marijo Phelps

Are there times when you wonder if you are growing at all or simply groaning? Do you wonder if you are being changed to become more like our Lord Jesus? I definitely have those times when I feel STUCK and definitely not doing much except getting "fatter", soaking up more good teaching but wondering if it is changing me or just putting on padding. And then the Lord speaks in His still, small voice to my heart.

My daughter, in my timing you shall know. Are you growing? Allow Me to stretch you I AM renewing and restoring and reviving you. I AM yours and you are Mine. I am stretching and do have a purpose and a plan. FEAR NOT but seek Me you shall know soon and very soon. Meantime, REST in Me. I have given you My burden for My purpose. Shine Jesus. Grow as I stretch you share the truth in love stand your ground stay steady stand firm. Realize Me in you. Stay free, whom the Son has set free is free in deed. Selah.

Psalms 51:10 speaks of the work the Lord does within us he is creating in us a clean heart and renewing a faithful spirit within us.

Isaiah 40:31 encourages us to wait and hope on the Lord thereby renewing our strength, soaring like eagles, running and not growing weary and walking and not fainting. What has always struck me about this passage is that we can run and not grow weary but when it says walk and not faint. You would think that running might lead to fainting but it is the walking that could, day in and day out, one foot in front of the other as we keep on keeping on. That is interesting to me. Short sprints cause weariness but walking could lead to fainting. This speaks much to my heart.

What a promise there is within Psalms 23:3, Jesus restores my soul and will lead me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake, not because of who I am or what I have done but because of His good name! And He will lead me, looks like what I need to do is be led. To me being able to be led means that I yield and go where He is directing. No wonder when we praise Him we lift our arms, the universal sign of surrender, no better position to be in, is there?

And with arms uplifted we ask, based upon Psalms 85:6 for Him to revive us so that we may rejoice in Jesus. What better reason to be revived could there be? And finally I would close with another selection from Psalms:

Psalm 80:18
Then we will not turn away from you; revive us, and we will call on your name. (NIV)

Prayer: Dear God, Most High, please refresh, restore and revive us that we may more fervently praise Your name and Your works and Your mercy and goodness! Grow us up in these areas too, we pray. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print