Through The Years
by PamFord Davis

You are not an accident. God in His sovereignty spoke you into existence through the physical union of your parents. He planned their parenthood. May 12th is my birthday and I honor my parents for their part in my conception and birth. Through the years they nurtured me and openly expressed their love.


They honestly shared that I came along before they expected. First of all my older sister Lauree, born only seventeen months earlier still deserved a lot of attention. Would she be ready for a younger sister or brother? She also needed extra rest because she battled bronchitis. Would I disturb her? I'm not sure if the solution was wise, but they spoiled me so I would be contented and not wake her.


I am grateful to God for my parents. "Honor your father and mother, which is the first commandment with promise: that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth (Ephesians 6:2-3 NKJ)." Through the years I will recall and agree; it is well with me.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print