The Simplicity of the Anointing
by Jack Vorster

Christians, in general, tend to either seek types and hidden formulas in the Scriptures for attaining a higher level of awareness of the "things" of God or they cry out to God for a special anointing in order to grow in their walk in the faith. We live in the natural, and so we are inclined to anchor ourselves to the physical realm as earthbound creatures severed from the spiritual. In other words, God is on the one side and we are on the other and no matter what He says to us through His Word concerning our position in Christ, we still confine ourselves to what meets the natural eye.

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

How is He?
In 1John 4:17 we read, "because as he is, so are we in this world." This reference to the status of Jesus does not reflect back to when Jesus walked the earth, but it is a picture of Him right now where he is seated in heavenly places with all power and authority and a name above every name.

Therefore, as Jesus is right now, "so are we in this world." We have that same power and authority - and His Name underpinning it. That's why Jesus said, "...greater works than these" shall we do, "...because I go unto my Father."

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover, whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
What shall we say then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"
(Romans 8:29-32)

Careful reading of the above verses cannot fail but to leave us in absolute astonishment. It is awesome! It is mind-boggling! What would be the exact meaning? Jesus was the first to be born again from the dead. Our own re-birth followed. Now we are just like Him.
We have been called and have been justified. What is more, we have been glorified, like Christ was glorified (with the glory He had before John 17:5).

The glory Jesus has in heaven right now, we have right here on earth.
Indeed, "What shall we say then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Freely, we are now (as co-heirs with Christ) being "given all things."
"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7)

Are we alone?
Eph. 2:4 6. "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us TOGETHER with Christ (by grace ye are saved), and has raised us up TOGETHER, and made us sit TOGETHER in heavenly places in Christ Jesus."

No, we are not alone. We are absolutely one with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. "But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor 6:17) And if we are one with such a mighty force, even glorified, even "as He is", then, as such, we are a "dangerous" anointed force to the enemy - the forces of darkness now at work in the earth.

Just stop her for a moment and think. Jesus operated under the Law. He was the Son of Man. He had to be anointed of God to operate in the Power of the Spirit. But right now He is the anointing and we are just like Him. "Because as he is, so are we in this world." We are, like Paul said, "prisoners" of Jesus Christ prisoners of the anointing. We are not like Jesus was when He walked the earth. We are like He is right now glorified.

We are at two places at once. Our citizenship is in Heaven, but we have a job to do on earth. We are the Body of Christ, which is in Heaven and on earth. We are in SPIRITUAL UNION with Christ for as long as we remain in our physical bodies on earth. Our empowerment comes through the Holy Spirit, Who has placed us in the Kingdom of God. And that Kingdom is within us. This is how we can be both in Heaven and on earth at the same time. We are already seated in Heaven where Christ is and Christ is wherever we are.

If we are spiritually seated in heavenly places together with Christ, even while we are physically present on earth, then our conduct, wherever we find ourselves, should be as if we are conducting ourselves right before the sight and hearing of Jesus. "For our conversation is in heaven". (Eph. 3:20) In other words, when you speak to anyone whether it is a fellow student, a work colleague or your spouse you should converse with them as if you are seated right there in that heavenly place, with Jesus overhearing your every word. We should live our lives in constant awareness of this.

We have the faith of Jesus. We take Jesus where He needs to be. We are here in His place as if He, Himself, is still here, "because as he is, so are we in this world. (1 John 4:17). The Bible speaks of varying levels of faith, such as weak faith, unfeigned faith, strong faith and growing faith. However, in carrying out the commission, the level of faith of the individual members of the Body of Christ does not come into play. Yes, like Peter, we need faith to boldly go forward in the name of Jesus to carry out the commission and, in so doing, to let Christ come to the fore, but only the faith of Jesus can heal and deliver those in need.

What we lack then is faith in the faith of Jesus. How do we overcome this problem, especially when we, ourselves, are in need of healing?

We are not going to be healed by going to a church every Sunday. We are not going to be healed by having fellowship with other Christians. By this I do not mean that that we should not attend church or have fellowship. You see, it is not the environment or atmosphere of a church building that brings healing to our bodies. And neither is it our spiritual re-birth that guarantees this miracle.

What brings healing is our UNDERSTANDING of what was wrought for us on the Cross. And if we understand it then we will KNOW that it is the FAITH in the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God in Christ and that WE are now in POSSESSION of this RIGHTEOUS FAITH by the LIFE of CHRIST now LIVING in us. We are here on earth in the PLACE OF Christ. God wants US to take the initiative and CLAIM what is RIGHTFULLY ours as children of His Kingdom. The Kingdom of God is WITHIN us and the King of the Kingdom, Jesus, is in us too

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless, I live: yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Gal 2:20)

We see then, as with Peter and Paul, the clear UNDERSTANDING gained of what and who you are in Christ, builds your OWN faith the faith that pleases God. Your own strong faith completely trusts God to deliver on His Word and has total faith in the faith of Christ within you.

"Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:14-20). As you go, Christ within you will do the work by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are here now in the place of Christ.

So we see then that the anointing is not acquired by applying a sad, sombre, "oh, Lord, send us a revival" mental approach for the purpose of "processing" a burst of power from above.

You are a living, walking, glorified anointing "in this world but not of this world" and what you already possess in "heavenly places" you now present to the world in order to set captivity free.

However, if you are a born again child of God, it will not be possible for you to operate under the anointing if worship, fellowship and prayer do not form part of your daily devotion; you're a lazy reader of the Word and you hardly meditate therein; you conform to this world in many areas of your life.

But, the anointing remains for as long as we walk in constant awareness of who and what we are in Christ. "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (Rom. 12:2)

The anointing never leaves us. Rather, it is the other way around - should we not comply to what is required of us.
Righteous living and the anointing are partners. Both remain, even if we desert them by not operating under them.
"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Cor. 5:21)
and
"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." (1 John 2:27)

Therefore, what we have been made anointed and righteous remains. It is up to us whether or not we want to operate within this capacity. We need to renew our minds, "until Christ is formed in you." (Gal. 4:19)
Paul emphasizes this union with Christ, "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 2:5). He reminds us in 1 Cor. 2:16. "But we have the mind of Christ." Paul also speaks of his continued teaching of fellow Christians "until Christ is formed in you." (Gal. 4:19)

The LOVE of God is UNCONDITIONAL, but
operating under the ANOINTING is CONDITIONAL.

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7)
So we see then that it is our established spiritual mindset that determines whether the anointing flows through us or not. In other words, what is in us will show itself when the need for it arises.

If you are new man in Christ, then Christ will come to the fore in any given situation. But if the old man in you has not yet been entirely "put off" (Eph 4:22) then his deeds will be reflected to a greater degree than the new man.

Let's consider one small example. You're driving along somewhere when a reckless motorist causes you to slam on brakes and you stop inches short of a collision. You become infuriated and shout out some choice superlatives to that reckless driver, despite the fact you are one in spirit with the most powerful Divine Force in the universe. You calculate that had you applied the brakes one second later there might have been a fatal accident.

If the new man in you were fully established, after coming to a halt he would have thankfully exclaimed, "Thank you Lord....for that one second". In acknowledgement, your guardian Angel would have smiled.

Now retired, Jack Vorster has a background in marketing in the field of newspaper advertising. As a result of a life-changing experience he turned his attention to the study of the human make-up and the realities connected to human behaviour based on the Word of God. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print