THE JUMP OFF ALMOST KILLED ME!
by Shirley Carr

TAKE CAUTION: If you find yourself involved with someone who is currently with someone else or someone who has just broken it off with a long term relationship!

The jump off occurs before, during, or after a significant relationship. Jump off's are a distraction. Jump off's are connections that keep us from having to experience the full extent of the emotional, physical, spiritual, and psychological pain of something that has occurred. Thus, we begin to repress our emotions, in search of a quick fix and by drowning out our pain. We try reveling in the emotional intensity and passion of something new. We have to be very careful because it begins a misguided effort to move on with our lives. It is the bypass onto the wrong direction. In the end someone ends up being used and hurt as a result.

What is the benefit of getting into a "Jump Off"? Low expectations, the ability to "go slow and take my time", no ties at all -"just what it is". All of this is false-the reality of being involved with a "Jump Off" is far more complicated than we may be ready to admit. Jump Off's are a sly form of isolation and imprisonment. If we are honest each of us have at one point in our life, if not now, have been in isolation or imprisonment of an emotional, physical, spiritual, or psychological experience. Before long you find yourself in the middle of an emotional, physical, spiritual, or psychological whirlwind! The hurricane of disguise begins to form just when you thought you were getting by on the easier way. Jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan- THE JUMP OFF. Just when you thought that there were no standards. There are still spoken and unspoken standards that have been established. What standard do you hold yourself too?

When we consider relationships and our connections with other people or things we have to deal with it on a greater level. Our relationships not only reveal how we treat others and ourselves but our relationship reveal something that has been under rated-when we consider our relationships on a spiritual level our relationships reflect our feelings towards GOD.

JUMP OFF 101: If you are not apart of the "reg. routine"...then you are a jump-off...not personal it is the business!

Many people are not sure how to communicate with God or even make God apart of their daily lives. Here are some ways- Pray (give him a shout out), Study (know what the Bible says for yourself, Worship (indulge in God through song and praise), Fellowship (you are not by yourself), Serve (you can help others too!)

JUMP OFF 220: Treating Symptoms to Ease a Pain! SUBSTITUTE: a person or thing that takes the place or function of another

When we experience pain it is our human nature to treat the pain. Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. A few days ago we celebrated the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus died on the cross as our substitute, and paid the penalty for our sins with His own perfect life. God will forgive our sins and declare us righteous if we turn to Him in faith and receive Christ as our Savior.

JUMP OFF 340: Wondering if it is over? It was over before it began! "No expectations"
The enemy will take you out of here when ever the opportunity arrises. Have you ever wondered why things seem to be repeating themselves over and over. He is not threaten by your relationship with God. The enemy expects you to give into temptation and fail! God has called you to be a victor and overcome EVER obstacle and back set in your life.

JUMP OFF 460: The "in the mean time" on the route of Destiny! There is never a reason to settle!

Many people believe that they can not control their destiny. That is not mines to argue in this article, however our choices have an impact on life. There are some choices that if we were left to do again, we may choose to go another route.

JUMP OFF 800: Jumping to the Conclusion-

A few years ago, after experiencing a traumatic transition in my own life, I played both sides of the "Jump Off". I was at a moment in my life when everything stood still and it brought me literally to my knees. A failed relationship, watching my mother fight with illness, and losing one of the closest people to me left me completely drained, empty, and broken. I began using any outlet to fill the insatiable feeling of emptiness. While the moments were hot and intense, afterwards I was completely overwhelmed by the apathy of void. I realized that while I displaced my emotions in the "Jump Off's" the pain stayed on. The real root of the problem was never dealt with and so all of the past pain came up along with whatever issues was happening at the time. I found myself outside a popular night club on the pavement with a half full glass of Hennessey, throwing up everything but the pain I was going through. Nevertheless, I was still holding on to the glass and tears pouring down my face and almost going into and asthma attack. I needed help and I needed help fast!

When you come to the place in your life where the "Jump Off" is killing you slowly because you never deal with the root of the issue you are ready to bring a conclusion to the madness and something will change. When you are ready to change your life and walk away from a life in isolation or imprisonment of an emotional, physical, spiritual, and psychological experience you are going to need some help and you can't do it by yourself! Trust me on this one! We can not meet God's standards on our own. The moral requirements of the scripture reveal God's righteous standards. The scriptures also show that everyone has fallen short. The scriptures leave no questions that everyone is under sin, the promise of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ is given to those who believe. When you are ready to begin your new life you will finally end the Jump off by Jumping to the Conclusion:

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

2010 EVEidenz, writeJUST Communications

EVEidenz, copyright Pen You In 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print