If God is Loving, Why all This pain?
by Nellie Shani

Could God have stopped the ghastly termination of six million Jews at the hands of Nazi Germany? Yes he could have. Did He choose to do it? No He didn't. Could God have stopped the horrific and abominable Rwanda Genocide? Yes he could have. Did He choose to do it? No He didn't.

You probably could continue this question and answer tirade better than me! You probably have not forgotten the two year old killed by a drunk driver or the hundreds of missing people who we do not want to believe are dead.

My mother died three years ago after almost fifty years of suffering, her last four years being the worst of all. Did God love her? Yes he did. We should probably start by asking why there is so much pain in the world.

The long bony finger points at man! Yes man has been weighed on the scale and been found wanting! Listen to God's sorrowful lament in Genesis 6:5-7 "The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of all the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to His heart...." When God saw what pain man was causing to his fellow beings, He was grieved in His heart. If God felt pain thousands of years ago as primitive man devised ever more wicked ways to injure each other, can you imagine how much pain He feels today with man's sophisticated and horrific ways we have designed to injure each other and cause each other pain?

God's only blame? He made man with a free will. The ability to choose right and wrong , giving man a chance to willingly choose his destiny. God did not make robots.

What a tragedy that man continues to choose self-gratification at the expense of his fellow man. Man chooses to kill instead of to promote life. Man chooses to revenge rather than forgive. So we destroy each other then look up brazenly and say, "If God loves us, why this pain?" We turn our back on God, kick Him out of our families and schools then blame Him for our pain. Meanwhile God looks at the wickedness of man in the earth and sees that every imagination of all the thoughts of his heart is only evil continually and it grieves Him to His loving heart!

Nellie  Odhuno Shani is a Counselor, Conference speaker and writer. Her first books are available on amazon.com, Barnes and Nobles and on her author's websites.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print