Don't Just Stand There
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever shared an idea or proposition with someone? It may have been something simple as a choice of restaurant. Perhaps an important decision must be made about a major purchase or an expansion in your business. You share your feelings and wait for a response. Is it always immediate? No, not only do some people hesitate to give a firm answer, they might give no word or sign of their opinion. Please, don't just stand there! Say something!

Pentecost transformed the Apostle Peter. He turned from denial of Jesus to the powerful deliverer of a convicting message. (Acts 2:14-42) He addressed the curious crowd and clearly preached Jesus. He shared prophetic Old Testament scriptures. No sugar coated explanations were offered. The blame for Jesus death on the cross pointed to them. (Verse 23) The cross led to victory when Jesus rose from the grave!


"When the people heard this, they were very upset. They asked Peter and the other apostles, Friends, what shall we do (Acts 2:37 CEV)?" They listened to Peter, and did not just stand there showing no personal response. They sincerely asked what they needed to do. With the authority of the Holy Spirit he answered. "Peter said, Turn back to God! Be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins will be forgiven. Then you will be given the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38 CEV)." Many made the most important decision of their lives. "On that day about three thousand believed his message and were baptized (Acts 2:41 CEV)." The choice is clear. Please, don't just stand there.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print