Little Boxes
by PamFord Davis

I'm a Baby Boomer. Following World War II, America witnessed another kind of boom. Those involved in the construction of new houses reaped the benefits of rapid growth. Housing developments seemed to spring up over night. Some were planned well with a variety of styles and ample spacing between the houses. Others were groups of cookie-cutter structures. Developers built homes so close together you could nearly shake hands with neighbors through your windows. A song titled Little Boxes humorously focused on the monotonous housing construction. Driving down row after row of bungalows, they did resemble little boxes. Middle class American families could purchase a dream home.


We seem to find fulfillment in owning our own homes. God through His prophet Haggai spoke words of correction to the nation of Judah. His house also deserved their attention. "You say this isn't the right time to build a temple for me. But is it right for you to live in expensive houses, while my temple is a pile of ruins? Just look at what's happening. You harvest less than you plant, you never have enough to eat or drink, your clothes don't keep you warm, and your wages are stored in bags full of holes (Haggai 1:2b-6 CEV)." The prophet continued to share God's message and decisions were evident. "So the Lord God All-Powerful made everyone eager to work on his temple, especially Zerubbabel and Joshua. And the work began on the twenty-fourth day of that same month (Haggai 1:14-15 CEV)." Honor the Father with eagerness to share in his work.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print