Hold On, I'm Comin'!
by PamFord Davis

The dramas held viewers spellbound on the edge of their seats. Battered and bruised, wild-west survivors of an Indian ambush counted their ammunition. Canteens with limited water supplies were used sparingly. In desperation they searched the horizon in hopes of reinforcements.


Meanwhileback at the pass, their commanding officer sat proudly atop his steed. Hold on, I'm comin! He motioned to those behind to follow as he led the charge to victory. Pace of the music quickened. They were spotted by the trapped and hope shone brightly.


At times our battles may leave us feeling trapped, defeated, and running out of ammunition. We feel weary and dry. Hope vanishes as we search the horizon of our future.


Meanwhile.Jesus is preparing to lead us home. "Jesus said to his disciples, Don't be worried! Have faith in God and have faith in me. There are many rooms in my Father's house. I wouldn't tell you this, unless it was true. I am going there to prepare a place for each of you. After I have done this, I will come back and take you with me. Then we will be together (John 14:1-3 CEV)." Hold on, I'm comin!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print